Thursday, January 23, 2014

Kids: Edible Apple Igloos

Brains are funny. Funny amazing. It baffles me how much information is stored away for another day. Sometimes we really have no clue that our experiences have been carefully tagged, organized, and tucked away. That is until that tag pops up again and our brain jumps into action, "Look, here! Remember this. Or this..." And then we are shot back into time.

My brain went to work one day when Hailey brought home from preschool a picture of an igloo she had colored. Instant memory: I was sent back to when I was about her same age (four). I have a distinct memory of making igloos out of apples, peanut butter, and marshmallows. I mentioned that to my mom, "I remember making igloos, did we do that?" Baffled, she said, "You remember that!?" Nice work brain. (High five!)

So... what did Hailey and I do? We made igloos!


Here is what you need:

  • peanut butter
  • marshmallows
  • apple
  • cutting board
  • knife (one for cutting, one for spreading peanut butter)

step 1: Core and cut your apple in half. If you have a handy-dandy apple corer that would be ideal. I don't, so I just cut away the core as best as I could with a knife.



step 2: Spread peanut butter on the outside of the apple.


step 3: Stick marshmallows to the peanut butter all over the apple.



Ta-da! An igloo. Now go eat it!

Linked up at:
We Made That
The Life of Jennifer Dawn
The 36th Avenue
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...