Friday, November 9, 2012

[Recipe] A Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe to Solve all My Problems

I have struggled with making chocolate chip cookies the whole nine years I’ve lived in Utah. The high altitude kills me! What’s sad, is that it’s only been in the past year that I’ve realized that the high altitude was to blame. My cookies have always come out flat. They puff up big and then flatten out. I’ve done research, and tried so many things. I’ve started just upping the temperature of the oven and adding extra flour, and that seems to work ok.

But no more! I’ve found the cookie recipe to solve all my problems. And it makes me so happy that I want to share it with you!

cookies
I know there are 50 million chocolate chip cookie recipes on the internet. But I really love these cookies. My friend Brittney made some and shared with Hailey and I one day. We ate them at home, and I immediately texted her asking for the recipe. They are nice and crispy, but not crunchy, and they don’t puff up and flatten- they keep their shape. Hallelujah!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 c butter
1/2 c shortening
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bag of milk chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and cream. Sift in baking soda, salt and flour. Mix in chocolate chips. Roll dough into golf ball sized balls and place on cookie sheets usually about 12 fit on a sheet. Bake for 12-16 minutes. Cookies should be browned on top.

Note: I don’t roll them as big, because I’m cheap-o and try to get as many out of the recipe as I can. I’m more about quantity than size. I just use my cookie scoop. If you do that, just bake them 8-10 minutes like normal.

When I last made these, I doubled the recipe and got 5 dozen cookies out of it! I only baked 12 cookies, and then froze the rest.

Chocolate Chip Cookies_frozen
Now I have 48 cookies waiting in the freezer to be baked. Mmmm… yum!

2 comments :

  1. My mom doubles the batch and saves most of it too! I love that because then I can eat cookie dough anytime!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm glad you found a recipe that works! We freeze cookie dough balls too, so we can easily make cookies or eat the dough! :) I have struggled with adapting some recipes to living here in Oregon. Angel Food Cake just doesn't work here like it did in Utah :(
    We have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is a no fail too. It has a box of instant vanilla pudding powder in it, if you ever want to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...