Friday, September 14, 2012

Color Sorting

One morning, while I was busy in the kitchen, Hailey got into one of the drawers and pulled out our corn on the cob trays. Next thing I know she tells me she is playing a game.
IMG_7507_touch upShe decided, all on her own, to lay out the trays and sort the skewer thingys by color.
IMG_7522_touch upTotally caught me off guard. It kept her plenty entertained. I could finish what I was doing and Hailey was happily occupied. Score. No complaints from me!
IMG_7510_touch upAs difficult as the toddler years are, I’m loving what Hailey is becoming. She has gained so much independence- it’s great! The other day, while I was in the shower, Hailey decided she wanted to color. All on her own she went into the basement, grabbed a few sheets of computer paper and brought them back up to her room and colored. After I got out of the shower I opened her door to check on her. She was happily coloring away. She told me that no one was around to help her, so she went and got paper all by herself. I was so proud! (And so happy that that was all she got into.) Yay for entertaining herself!

1 comment :

  1. Hailey sounds like a riot! Wish I could meet this girl. It makes me a little excited for the day when Jed suddenly starts talking in sentences.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...